Friday, July 29, 2011

Chain Saw Massacre

My house was scheduled to be painted this summer, so I bought a chain saw in the spring. Made sense to me at the time. I decided to cut back the bushes for better access to the house. I was cutting the back of the evergreens in the front yard and found to my horror that they grew much like Donald Trump’s comb-over. I trimmed a branch from the back and the entire limb from the front came with it. It was wild. The before and after:



My backyard has always consisted of two trees with two bushes in front – much what a kindergartener would draw. I decided to build a garden wall around these trees forming one bed and added more plantings. I also put the chain saw to good use trimming tree branches. Before and after:



Have chain saw; Will travel. Let me know if you are looking to thin out your yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment