Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grand Opening

The new Wal-Mart opened today. It’s close by, so I stopped in to check it out. I didn’t know there was a Wal-Mart cheer, but the manager was leading the crew in it when I got there. There was a ribbon cutting and a children’s choir. If there is a Wal-Mart song, I missed it.
This Wal-Mart has been in the works since 2002. Opposition from neighbors and city council refusing building permits brought lengthy law suits, which finally got sorted out last year.
This is the second Wal-Mart in town. It’s smaller than the other store, but seems to have all the departments. As I walked the aisles, no less than six employees asked if they could help me find something. Great customer service. However, four of the five items on my list are not carried by this store. Tomorrow I shall drive past this new, shiny store and stop at the one across town that carries the things I cannot live without. And while I’m there I shall put my favorite chocolate candy bar or other simple carbohydrate on lay-away.

No comments:

Post a Comment