Monday, April 27, 2009

A Handful of Nuts

My sister and sister-in-law encouraged me to start a blog. The pressure and responsibility now to write something meaningful and useful to readers made me postpone beginning this blog. But, I figure if other folks can Twitter about their every thought and action, then my blogs can be a set of useless ramblings on a variety of topics that readers can ignore at will. No more pressure.
My sister-in-law told the story of how her mom had the grandsons over and she went to the pantry for a snack of mixed nuts and asked the oldest if he wanted a handful of nuts. Without missing a beat he replied, "No thanks Grandma, I have my own nuts and can grab a handful whenever I want."
These zany people - my sister, my brother, his wife, their two boys, their friends and family, and my friends too - all make me laugh out loud with a snort at the end; and while I don't have their quick wit, I want my blog to be somewhat entertaining. Thanks in advance to these folks for my inspiration and allowing me to retell their life events from my warped perspective.
I asked my sisters what to name my blog and immediately Cindy's Nuts came to mind. I love the many meanings - Cindy is nuts; the folks in Cindy's life are nuts; Cindy loves chowing down on nuts covered in chocolate or other simple carbohydrates; or the more likely scenario that I could grow a pair and play with a handful whenever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment