Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Window (and door) To My Soul

I'm getting my new patio door today. Also getting the window next to it replaced. I gave the salesman all my money 8 weeks ago. The installers (outsourced by the window people) called to cancel last week's install date because of rain, and oh, by the way, they couldn't match the interior stain very well. Great. An hour later the window salesman calls and first words out of his mouth were, "I understand you're having a problem with your window." I politely told him the problem I'm having with my window is that I haven't seen it yet. He explained that the installers called him from an installation to say the window was broken. I informed him the installers were not at my house, nor scheduled to be, and that he had the wrong customer. No, he spoke to my installer and he's sure it's my window that is broken and what did I want him to do about MY problem. Well, I lost it right then and there. It was not pretty. Bottom line, the installers are here now installing my new patio door and window. The window works and the stain is gorgeously matched. Amazing how that happened. Why do I have to go into bitch mode to get it done right? Seriously makes me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment