Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lost and Found

Sixteen months ago I lost my spare key ring in the washer. I figured it out the next time I went to check the mail and couldn't find the keys. I remembered putting them in the pocket of the jeans I had just washed, but couldn't find them in the washer or dryer. This was the key ring that I kept all my store key ring cards, an extra house key, and the extra mail box key. Today I did a load of laundry and when I opened the washer door to put the clothes in the dryer, my house key was right there. I shook my head at how this had to be the key lost almost a year and a half ago. I carefully pulled out all the clothes one at a time, shaking them out, hoping to find the others. Sure enough. The mailbox key was there, and three key ring cards came out. When it was empty I found the broken key ring. Amazing. I think I had five or six key ring cards on there, but I didn't find any others, and don't really care at this point. It's all rusted - like it's been through over a year's worth of laundry cycles. I should call for service and have the drum taken out. Perhaps then I might even find my missing socks without having to wait another year.




1 comment: