Monday, April 5, 2010

The Easter Bunny Found My House

I'm disappointed that I didn't jump up off the operating table from this surgery feeling grand. I'm right where I should be in my recovery, but still fighting pain, itching, and brain fog. I don't do a whole lot (which is exactly what I should be doing) and I've let things slide - like checking the mail weekly instead of daily.
Imagine my surprise and delight - truly the highlight of these past couple of weeks - when I checked my mail on Easter Sunday and found Glen and Cheryl’s family calendar! I was so touched and happy that I busted out crying. Yes, my hormones are out of sync, and yes, I cry at the Budweiser commercials too.
Anyway, every one of the pictures in the calendar is awesome. Dillon and Tyler are growing so fast. They probably hate that I say that. And they’d hate it more when I say how good-looking they are. And they’d cringe if I said how proud I am of them that they are growing up to be fine young citizens. So I’ll just take them over the edge and say how fun it is to be their aunt.
I shall go now and admire the pictures again and the memories associated with them while finishing off the other ear off of my chocolate bunny. Happy Easter!

1 comment: