Thursday, May 27, 2010

Part of the Journey




My brother rides a Harley. He and my sister-in-law both enjoy riding. They gear up in dew rags, leather chaps, gloves, vests, and helmets and ride as often as their schedule and the weather permits. They talk pipes and flames. They collect Harley pins and t-shirts and stories of the folks they meet on their rides. They have fun.
Glen has taken the last couple of weeks to ride around the western US, hitting 24 states and seeing the sites. He stopped by my house today. I've kept him up too late and he’s exhausted already. He’ll put up a post on his blog soon, so for now I’ll just say he got here and we both had steak for dinner and we had a nice visit. I got to see his pictures too. What an amazing trip. I was surprised to learn he took some from the motorcycle while moving. They are clear and good. They all tell a story and I’m so glad he’s been able to share his trip adventures through his blog.
I want him to be comfortable and that means the thermostat is on 68 degrees. Don’t worry about me – I’ve got on jeans, a sweatshirt, and two pairs of socks. His ceiling fan is on full blast as well. I guess he’s used to being on the motorcycle with the wind blowing back his hair – wait, that’s not right with his bald self – er, I mean, he’s used to the wind blowing into every orifice of his body keeping him chilly cold and frosty. I’ll just throw another blanket on the bed and think warm thoughts. It’s been a fun day and I’m glad he stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment