Thursday, September 17, 2009

After Hours Double-Time

My house has become an appliance graveyard. The body count so far consists of a humidifier (if it wasn’t so loud I never would have thrown it across the room), an electric knife (think 70’s harvest gold), a waffle iron on life support (duct tape is all that is holding it together), the newly expired Panini maker, and the washing machine that is just a spin cycle away from flat-lining.
I guess it could be worse… the air conditioner, the TV, or the microwave could be out. Now these appliances would require immediate weekend, double-pay service if disabled. If I didn’t need the air conditioning I’d go camping. My neighbors couldn’t entertain me like reality shows. And, I couldn’t melt chocolate for brownies, cupcakes, and my intravenous infusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment