Thursday, September 3, 2009

Texting with my Sister

Sis: On the way to pick up 100 frozen chickens.
Me: Won’t 100 chickens be kinda loud when they thaw?
Sis: They are very quiet. The reception we got was chilly. They gave us the cold shoulder.
Me: Glad they finally warmed up to you. Throw some rice at them and call it dinner. Are they part of the volunteer work you do for the co-op? Or do you have a vitamin deficiency?
Sis: Neither. Long story. I’ll send an email.
Me: If frogs are involved, nevermind.
I still don't know if those birds are alive or not, nor do I know why she feels she needs 100 of them. I'm still waiting for the explanation e-mail, but I gotta say now, that just ain't right.

1 comment:

  1. What's your point? It's all part of living in the country, don't cha know?
    ly, Sis

    ReplyDelete