Sunday, September 6, 2009

Big 12 - SCORE!

We were raised in Texas where the accents are heavy (Y’all know they are) and football is a religion. So naturally, my brother, sister, and I all support our local NCAA college football teams. My brother and family cheer for the University of Texas Longhorns. My sister goes to the Oklahoma State University Cowboy games. (I am very well versed now in the difference between bright orange and burnt orange.) I root for the Kansas University Jayhawks.
I trash talk text message with my nephews, but I’m no good at it. Last year the best I could come up with was the old line, “bust out the pen and paper – you just got schooled”. I hate to be so harsh. Thank goodness all three teams won their first game of the season – and won big! But I’ve been practicing my trash talk for when we play each other. Topping the insult list is “We’re gonna hit you so hard and so fast and from so many directions that you’re gonna be screamin’, “Y’all stop”."
I'll keep working on it. Ammunition, er, I mean suggestions, welcome.

1 comment:

  1. What cupcakes do Tex-azz and KU play next? Last week, you both played 1-AA *powerhouses* Louisiana-Monroe high school and Northern Colorado prep respectively, while the Pokes were schooling the #13 ranked Bulldawgs of Georgia. We've got Houston--probably the 4th best team in Tejas, after the Whorns, Tortilla Tossers, and Bears (yes, BAYLOR Bears). I see that Texas goes on the road to play Wyoming (y'all enjoy that nearly mile high elevation, ok?) and KU follows up with UTEP, which is a small step above UNC.

    ReplyDelete