Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Month Day Year Hour Minute Second

September 9, 2009, otherwise known as 09/09/09. It falls on a Wednesday and both that word and September have 9 letters in them. Everything that happens today – good or bad – will be blamed on this date, no matter how undeserved because 9 is considered both lucky and ominous, depending on who you are hanging out with. I think 9 is lucky because I don’t buy into the thought that numbers hold fear over us like the threat of a tsunami. Merchants have advertised 09/09/09 day as Beatles Day because of the release of The Beatles: Rock Band game. Movie releases will happen today. Couples have planned weddings or childbirth to happen on this day. I wasn’t so organized as to plan something spectacular for this day, so I’ll mark my calendar and start making plans now for the next year when the same digit month, day, year, hour, minute, and second fall on the same day. I don’t know what that will be, but I do know that chocolate will be involved.

1 comment:

  1. Um, wouldn't that be 10/10/10 at 10:10? You have am or pm to pick from. I'll bring the chocolate.
    ly, Sis

    ReplyDelete